Action Steps to promote Impeachment...
- IMPEACH DIRECTLY. That's right, this is no ordinary online petition. It's actually a legal document which can initiate impeachment through a rarely used procedure. Learn about it, then send one to congress, and don't wait for the legislature.
- TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS:
- Convince those congress people of like mind to impeach/Censure.
- Urge your state legislatures to submit impeachable charges directly to the U.S. House of Representatives under Section 603 of the Manual of the Rules of the U.S. House of Representatives. Learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_George_W._Bush#State-level_Democratic_party_actions
- Contact the power abusing federal officer and convince him/her to step down... (for a president, go to: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/)
- The more people who conduct these activities, the more the likelihood we'll succeed. In an effort to motivate people towards these activities, we can:
- Call radio shows
- Talk to everyone you meet about the problem
- Contact other officials to ask for them to come out in support of Impeachment
- Contact famous people to ask for them to speak out for support of Impeachment.
- Contact sympathetic student groups to do on campus work.
- Give a speech to your church
- Attend other organization's meetings and bring up Impeachment as a partial solution to their issue
- Sit at a coffee shop with a sign on the back of your laptop that reads, "Impeach for Peace, Ask me how!"
- Sing political songs at coffee shops, and in-between songs, push for impeachment
- Signs on bridges
- Signs at coffee shops
- Signs on campuses
- Signs on light poles
- Leaflets on cars
- Put impeachment posters in your windows/lawns
- Door hangers/Door-to-Door signatures on an initiative
- Steer people to a website where they can buy impeachment bumper stickers/t-shirts (Impeach For Peace Stuff)
- Make songs/animation/funny images/poems and put in on radio stations/websites/tv
- Buy radio/billboard/newspaper/tv spots
- Write your newspaper ("letter to the editor")
- Hold impeachment parties.
- Make funny drama skit for protests
- For war crimes committed by an official, dress up like dead foreign fighters & U.S. Soldiers and drape yourselves over your city's federal building (inform the media prior).
"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."
Bush, June 18, 2002
"War is Peace"
Big Brother in George Orwell's 1984